- Help increasing each student's financial stability through supplemental funding sources
- Support and guidance acclimating to Cal.
- Faculty, staff, and peer mentoring
- Weekly for-credit seminar focused on developing studying and leadership skills
- Bi-weekly personal check-in
- Annual Posse Plus Retreat
Some History and Statistics on Posse
- Founded in 1989 by Deborah Bial, who thought of the idea of Posse after a student told her, “I would not have dropped out of college if I had had my posse with me.”
- Started at Vanderbilt University with five students from New York City, all of whom graduated with honors and accolades four years later.
- Works with 2,200 Scholars in their Campus Program at top-tier colleges and universities throughout the country.
- Nationally, Posse Scholars have won more than $931 million in scholarships from Posse’s partner institutions.
- Posse students graduate at a rate significantly above the national average.
- Given the opportunity to go to college, 70 percent of Posse scholars either have founded an organization or have become president of an existing one.
- As of May 2015, there are more than 3,100 Posse alumni.